Total time: 1257.5
Time for Steps: 12.2 hours
Installed the steps. Right side no problem. But nothing goes without a fight.
The left side started out great. Then once installed I took a close look and decided I wasn’t happy with how it looked. When it was match drilled to the bracket the hole in the step didn’t end up where intended so I pulled it out and re-drilled it and upsized the bolt to an AN-4 in the process. What made this extra difficult was the step insert I installed. It had to be removed and reinserted to the position of the new holes. What a process. In the end I tied a thin washed to fishing line and got the line around the insert. Then used this line to pull through a thicker line so I could pull the insert out. After this was done, all went well and easy.
I’m very happy with how it turned out – and sincerely hope I never have to remove or repair the left step. … I may install an access panel in the floor now to make this easier later. I’m not sure yet.